- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process (Background checks and CORI reports)
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics, and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system
- Maintain benefits program (Life Insurance)
- Work with the payroll company to ensure legal compliance in all areas of employer/employee roles.
- Handle daily payroll department operations, including collecting and verifying timekeeping information and processing payroll
- Maintain accurate payroll records including required payroll garnishment
- Develop financial and operational reports when requested by compiling summary data of earnings, state and federal taxes, deductions, PTO, disability, etc.
- Reconcile financial data and validate reports post-confirmation
- Follow appropriate state and federal taxation of employer-paid benefits
- Run and report on regular payroll data audits
- Process year-end reports, including W-2, W-2c, etc.
- Process manual checks when required
- Maintain employee confidentiality and protect payroll operations by keeping all private information confidential
We are looking for a Payroll/Human Resources Coordinator to oversee all aspects of human resource practices and processes, and payroll.
Our ideal candidate is a person of moral character with high standards who understands the working of a non-profit, faith-based organization with a non-faith based clinical side.
People are our most important asset and you will be the one to ensure we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works together to perform our mission.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Human resources management
- Benefits administration
- Performance management
- Communication processes
- Supporting diversity
- Classifying employees
- Employment law
- Laws against sexual harassment
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) is a plus
- 3+ years multi-state payroll experience is a plus
- Commitment to payroll best practices and regulations
- Experience with Paychex payroll software
- Broad business knowledge, including IT, HR, and Finance
- Strong MS Office skills, including proficiency in Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to organize, multitask, and prioritize in a deadline-driven environment
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or similar work experience required
Interested applicants may forward resumes to Oscar Cruz at email@example.com